INVITATION TO VIBSYS 2022
Maintaining the tradition, the Organizing Committee is pleased to cordially invite to the 30th Jubilee Conference Vibrations in Physical Systems that is a periodically organized scientific event with a 62 year old tradition. The conference will take place on September 26-28, 2022 in the city of Poznań in west-central Poland, within the Greater Poland region.
The Symposium is organized by both the Poznan Division of the Polish Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics and the Institute of Applied Mechanics of the Poznan University of Technology.
Taking into account the current pandemic situation this year’s edition of the Symposium will be held in a hybrid mode, i.e., the participants will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face on the spot in the Lecture Centre of the Poznan University of Technology as well as via an online platform. Similarly as in the previous edition of VIBSYS we assume a few different forms of participation, i.e., an oral presentation, an attendance in a poster session and a pre-recorded presentation with online answers to questions. Moreover, young scientists will have an opportunity to take part in the competition on the best presentation of the research result.
We are convinced the Symposium will be a great opportunity to exchange ideas and experience between scientists, researchers and various research centers which undoubtedly contributes to the development of science.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Mathematical Modeling in Sound and Vibration Analysis
- Experimental Techniques in Sound and Vibration Engineering
- Wave Problems in Solid Mechanics
- Analysis of the Non-Linear Deterministic / Stochastic Vibrations Phenomena
- Computational Methods in Vibration Problems
- Modeling and Identification of Dynamical Systems
- Signal Processing and Analysis
- Active Vibration Control
- Energy Methods in Vibration Engineering
- Vibration and Energy Problems Related to Biomechanics
- Biodynamical systems
- Dynamics of Machinery and Rotating Systems
- Vibroacoustics of Machinery, Diagnostics
- Vibrations and Noise of Transport Systems, Vehicles, Roads
- Structural Dynamics,
- Vibrations of Composite Materials Structures
- Vibration Problems in Environmental Engineering, Vibration of Granular Materials
- Vibrations and Dynamic Stability of Structural Elements, Beams, Plates, Shells
- Flow-induced vibrations, Fluid-structure interaction, Aeroelasticity
- Dynamic behavior of Vibration Isolation Elements and Systems
- Education – the ways of teaching mechanics
Symposium Vibrations in Physical Systems is a periodically organized scientific event with a 62 year old tradition. It gathers scientists working in the fields of science in which mechanical vibrations play an important role. The thematic scope of the conference includes, among others, dynamics of machinery, vibroacoustics, waves in solids and liquids, stability and control issues as well as biomechanics. The conference gathers mechanics, mathematicians, engineer-constructors, technologists and physicists around the latest advances in basic and applied sciences. It creates good conditions for exchanging experiences and establishing cooperation.
The first symposium on linear and nonlinear vibrations took place on 25-26 April, 1960 in Poznań. The work of the organizing committee was headed by the chairman of the Poznań Department of PTMTS – prof. Edmund Karaśkiewicz. The idea of the periodically organized conferences was continued in the next years under the chairmanship of prof. Czesław Cempel and prof. Jarosław Stefaniak . Then, the chairmanship of the Symposium was taken over successively by prof. Jan A. Kołodziej , prof. Marian Ostwald , assoc. prof. Tomasz Stręk, prof. Bogdan T. Maruszewski , prof. Marian Dobry and asst. prof. Roman Starosta. The places of the next editions of the Conference were the resort in Błażejewko near Kórnik and the conference centre of the Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Będlewo. The Symposium has permanently entered the calendar of Polish scientific events. On the 60th anniversary of the Conference we came back to Poznań to exchange the experiences as well as to recall the memories of the Symposium and its participants.